An Oregon with good-paying jobs that can’t be outsourced, an Oregon with cleaner air and water for healthier families, and an Oregon that leads the nation in technological innovations in clean, renewable energy.
Oregon’s economy runs on dirty energy that pumps pollution into our air and water. The pollution is making asthma worse for children and putting adults’ lives at risk from lung disease. It’s also changing our climate, threatening the place we love to live. We are already seeing bigger wildfires, more destructive storms and terrible drought. If we do nothing, climate change will continue to impact our health and economy.
We're building solutions for all Oregonians.
We can Renew Oregon.
Together we will:
- Support a transition from dirty, polluting energy to a clean energy economy including solar and wind power and energy-efficient construction.
- Grow local companies and create good-paying jobs that can support a working family and can’t be shipped overseas– everything from engineers to designers, electrical and construction workers, secretaries and custodians.
- Reduce the pollution causing lung disease and triggering asthma attacks in kids.
- Hold major polluters accountable for what they are dumping into our air and water.
- Support more fuel choices for all Oregonians and expanded options for transit.
- Position Oregon as a leader in the 21st century economy and a center for innovation and growth.
As individuals, we take responsibility to keep Oregon clean. Major companies responsible for pollution should do so too. We have a moral obligation to our kids and grandkids to address climate change and end our dependence on oil and coal. When times are hard, it feels like we have to choose between getting by now and giving our kids a better world. It shouldn’t be this way.